TO DIE FOR!
Salted Toffee Cookies
2 sticks of butter
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 pkg toffee bits
3-4 tbsp course sea salt flakes for sprinkling each cookie1. Bring eggs & butter to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
3. Whisk together the softened butter & sugars until they are smooth and fluffy. Be sure to whisk until the sugars are all the way or mostly dissolved into the butter.
4. Add vanilla & mix well.
5. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Slowly add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) into wet ingredients (butter, sugars, vanilla, eggs).
6. Add toffee pieces into dough.
At this point I always cool my cookie dough for over an hour. I like the way they maintain shape this way.
7. With parchment paper on the cookie sheet, scoop even balls of dough onto the sheet.
8. Top with a pinch of sea salt, bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
DO NOT OVER BAKE, keep them soft and chewy.
I dare you to each just ONE!
Thank you cookie package & BabyBoyBakery for similar versions of this recipe!